For luxury travelers who want to avoid the long tedious 8 hour drive up the hilly western Uganda into Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, take this Fly to Bwindi Gorilla Tour. You’ll catch a local flight from Entebbe International Airport over the beautiful western Uganda green to Kihihi Airstrip that is 45 minutes drive away. Get into a cozy warmth of the luxurious Buhoma Lodge with a hot cup of tea to prepare you for the next day’s hike into the think forest of Bwindi in search of the elusive mountain gorilla.
The trip includes one gorilla permit per person and forest trekking with your host to spot the mountain gorilla family. The forest is also home to 346 different bird species for bird lovers.
- Activities: gorilla trekking, walking safaris (with an armed guide) & nature hikes/walks
- Game drives: normal 4×4 vehicle
- Getting around: normal 4×4 vehicle & air transfer
- A transfer from and back to the airport is included
Detailed Itinerary: 4 Day Fly To Bwindi Gorilla Tour
You’ll be collected from the airport.
Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged for an extra cost.
Day 1-3: Flight from Ebb to Kihihi Airstrip and a 45 minute Drive to Buhoma
Your morning flight will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. You’ll be met at the airstrip for transfer to Buhoma Lodge.
Buhoma has spectacular and uninterrupted views of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, home to the rare and elusive Mountain Gorilla. Buhoma is a top quality, intimate lodge, less than five minutes walk from the start of the gorilla trekking point in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
It’s here you’ll have the best chance of spotting a mountain gorilla family going about their business. With your guide you’ll trek across the rugged terrain and though the awe inspiring jungle to where the gorillas were last spotted – then you track them. Gorillas aside, there are some fabulous forest walks and 346 species of colourful birds to look out for too!
Buhoma has just eight en-suite cottages with private verandas and wonderful views over the forest canopy.
On day three you have the option of a second trek or forest walk. The second gorilla permit is not included in the price unless requested by you.
Main Destination: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Best Time to Visit: June to August and December to February
High Season: June to September (Gorilla permits are scarce)
Best Weather: June to July and December to February (Less rainfall)
Accommodation: Buhoma Community Haven Lodge
Meals & Drinks: All meals included. Drinks not included
Day 4: Transfer from Buhoma Lodge to Kihihi Airstrip – Ebb
Transfer to the Airstrip for a scheduled charter flight back to Entebbe. Transfer to your hotel in Entebbe or to the International Airport. Your Safari consultant will be happy to discuss your options should you wish to extend your 4 day Bwindi Gorilla trip with another safari destination.
Please note that the gorilla permit will be pre-booked and prepaid prior to final confirmation of the safari. The permits are non refundable and non transferable.
Additional gorilla trekking permits – Bwindi USD600 per trek.
All quotations are tailor-made and may fluctuate depending on departure date and availability.
Main Destination: Entebbe International Airport
Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
Meals & Drinks: Breakfast (Lunch & dinner not included). Drinks not included
End of tour
Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
You’ll be dropped off at the airport.
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits (One per person $600, non-resident)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guidelines US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees