A classic African safari—if seeing the wildebeest migration safari (either calving or river crossings) is on your bucket list, this is the African trip for you. Travel by air to the vast open Serengeti plains: grasslands dotted with wildebeest herds moving in unison for freshwater and grazing. Bunching up at rivers, teetering bravely on the edge before leaping into the churning waters attempting to cross and avoid the crocodiles, ever-waiting for an opportunity to grab a straggler – showcasing the best of African safaris.
- You’ll be visiting the Serengeti Game Reserve in Kenya
- Activities: classic Africa game drives
- Game drives: open-sided 4×4 vehicle
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle & air transfer
- A transfer from and back to the airport is included
Detailed Itinerary: 4 Day Wildebeest Migration Safari
You’ll be collected from the airport.
Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged for an extra cost.
Day 1-3: Arrive Arusha for flight transfer to the Serengeti
You’ll stay 3 nights at the eco-friendly Ndutu, constructed to minimize the effect or “footprint” on the surrounding area and offers a sense of luxury. 10 large en-suite tents, solar lighting and shower.
Enjoy thrilling game drives in the neighbouring areas and visit the spectacular Olduvai Gorge, drive to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. The adventurous game walks are carried out within this area led by local Conservation Rangers and experienced Masaai guides. Additionally, you could have a cultural experience on a visit to the nearby local villages to experience the intriguing Maasai culture. Check out the various local projects (for example planting trees, schools and health centres).
Flights from Arusha to Serengeti, pick up from airstrip and transfer to camp. Services of driver/guide, park entrance fees & camp fees, accommodation as set out. Two scheduled game drives per day (shared), bottled water during safari.
Main Destination: Serengeti National Park
Best Time to Visit: June to February (Areas are best at different times)
High Season: July to March (The Seronera area is crowded)
Best Weather: June to October (Little to no rainfall)
Accommodation: Tanzania Bush Camps Ndutu Mobile Camp
Luxury (with rustic facilities) located inside Ndutu
Meals & Drinks: All meals included. Drinks not included
Day 4: Leave Ndutu for Arusha
Flight from Ndutu to Arusha for your onward travel arrangements. Please advise your Hitch-A-Hike Adventure Safaris consultant if you would like to add another destination to this 4 day Wildebeest Migration Safari Itinenary.
Main Destination: Arusha Airport
Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
Meals & Drinks: Breakfast (Lunch & dinner not included). Drinks not included
End of tour
Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
You’ll be dropped off at the airport.
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guidelines US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)